When contemplating the ideea of a new possible location for developing a new business, Romania offers a great range of advantages for foreign investors. Among the greatest benefits Romania provides, we can list the following:
A. Market & Location Advantage
- One of the largest markets in Central and Eastern Europe (ranking 7th in EU , with over 21 million inhabitants);
- EU unique market gateway (access to approximately 500 million consumers);
- Attractive location: situated at the turning point between EU, the Balkans and CIS countries, Romania is crossed by three important pan-European transportation corridors: corridor no. IV linking Western and Eastern Europe, corridor no. IX connecting Northern and Southern Europe and no. VII – Danube River, facilitating the connection with Northern Europe;
B. Resource Advantage
- Highly skilled labor force at competitive prices – solid knowledge in foreign languages (providing multilingual support services/24 languages ), technology, IT, engineering, etc.
- Highly educated people, flexibility, regional presence and proximity to customers;
- Stability factor in the Area – NATO membership;
- Stability guarantee in South Eastern Europe;
- EU membership.
D. Social Advantage
- No major union movements;
- Labor relations regulated by the Romanian Labor Code.
E. Legislative Advantage
- Similar legal provisions as in EU (Acquis Communautaire implementation);
- Fiscal policy regulated by the Fiscal Code.
F. Other Advantages
- Well-developed networks of mobile telecommunications in GSM systems;
- Presence of branch offices and representatives of various well-known international banks and companies;