The future belongs to organisations with Intelligent Operations
A recent research from Accenture suggests that the future belongs to organisations with Intelligent Operations that enable them to have a 360-degree view of their operations enabling quicker, insight-led decision making. The five essential components of Intelligent Operations identified by the research include:
- Innovative talent. The talent of the future will need to bring creative problem solving in addition to digital expertise. Organisations will need a more agile human resources function and a recruiting approach that heavily leverages an open talent marketplace.
- Data-driven backbone. Organisations need to capitalise on the explosion of structured and unstructured data from multiple sources to gain new insights for the innovative talent to use in order to achieve stronger outcomes.
- Applied intelligence. Using integrated automation, analytics, and AI-based solutions, organisations need innovative talent who can understand the business problem and then apply the right combination of tools to find the answer.
- Leveraging the power of the cloud. The cloud will enable the plug-and-play digital services with better integration of diverse data, can scale up and down, and help organizations move toward an as-a-service environment.
- Smart partnership ecosystem. Organisations of the future will develop symbiotic relationships with start-ups, academia, technology providers and platform players to achieve their goals.